Friday, March 23, 2012

Mar. 24 & 25: Give Your Best to God

This Weekend in MC Park, in Sunday School and Elementary Worship, your child will learn the story of the Widow’s Mite.

Jesus Notices a Widow’s Giving

You can review the story in
Mark 12:41-44. A great memory verse for your family this week is 2 Corinthians 9:7b – “God loves a cheerful giver”

Questions for review with your child:

1.    How can you tell when you’re giving your best effort?
2.    If you could give Jesus any gift, what would it be?
3.    Why do we say the poor woman gave her best to God when she gave only a tiny bit?
4.    How can giving to others help us give our best to God?
5.    Does God care what our gifts to him look like?
6.    What’s one thing you could offer God that would be your best?
7.    What gifts that don’t cost any money can you give?
8.    How do you think Jesus feels when we give our best to him?
9.    What is one action that shows you’re giving your best to God?
10. How can you tell if someone is not giving his or her best?

_____

In Kindergarten Worship and Wonder at 11 a.m., this week's lesson:

Too Afraid to Follow Jesus

Verses for this lesson: Mark 14; Matthew 26:31-75

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1.    I wonder why Jesus’ friends run away when Jesus is in trouble?
2.    I wonder why Judas, who is one of the twelve disciples, would lead the soldiers to arrest Jesus?
3.    I wonder how Jesus feels when he sees his friend Judas?
4.    I wonder why Peter says he is not a follower of Jesus?
5.    I wonder how Jesus feels when the people questioning him slap him?
6.    I wonder how the people in the courtyard feel as they listen to what is happening to Jesus?
7.    I wonder why Peter denied Jesus three times?
8.    I wonder what Peter will do when stops crying?
9.    I wonder how Jesus is feeling about being alone and without any friends?
_____

In Worship and Wonder on Saturday night, 9 a.m. Sunday, and 3s and 4s W&W at 11 a.m. on Sunday, this week’s lesson:

Jesus the King

Verses for this lesson:
Matthew 21:1-11; Mark 1:1-11; Luke 91:29-44; John 12:12-19

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1.    I wonder how Jesus felt when the crowd wanted him to be their king?
2.    I wonder who the people were who shouted, “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord”?
3.    I wonder why Jesus the King rode on a donkey instead of a horse?
4.    I wonder what kind of king Jesus would be?
5.  I wonder what it would be like to live in Jesus’ kingdom?

No comments:

Post a Comment