Friday, March 16, 2012

Jesus Came For You

 
March 17 and 18


Jesus Explains Why God Sent Him

You can review the story in John 3: 12-21. A great memory verse for your family this week is John 3:16 - "God loves us so much he sent his Son, Jesus"


Questions for review with your child:

1. How should we treat others knowing that Jesus came for everyone?

2. Why do some people not know about Jesus if he came for everyone? What can we do about that?

3. How does Jesus coming to earth make you feel?

4. How can we pass along this important message to others?

5. Who else do you know who can help you understand verses you don't understand?

6. How can we show Jesus we're thankful?

_____


In Worship and Wonder at 11:00 am on Sunday, the kindergarten class will be studying the following:


A Woman Anoints Jesus for Burial

Verses for this lesson are Mark 14: 3-9, Matthew 26:6-13 and John 12:1-8

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1. I wonder how Jesus feels about her?

2. I wonder how the woman feels anointing Jesus?

3. I wonder why the disciples don't like what the woman is doing for Jesus?

4. I wonder how the woman feels being scolded?

5. I wonder why the woman believed Jesus when he said he was going to die and that God would make him alive again.

6. I wonder why the disciples did not believe this?

7. I wonder how the woman feels giving away something so precious?

8. I wonder what this woman is like?

9. I wonder if she has a name?

10. I wonder how people who hear this story today feel about this woman?

11. I wonder how it feels to know someone you love is going to die and you can't do anything about it?

In Worship and Wonder on Saturday night, 9:00 am Sunday and 3's and 4's W & W at 11:00 am on Sunday, we will be studying the following:

Jesus and Zacchaeus

Verse for this lesson is Luke 19:1-10

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1. I wonder what it is like to be so short that you can't see what you want to see?

2. I wonder how Zacchaeus felt when Jesus called him by name?

3. I wonder what Jesus and Zacchaeus said as they walked together?

4. I wonder if it was hard for Zacchaeus to give back what didn't belong to him?

5. I wonder how he felt when he gave half of his things to the poor?

6. I wonder how the poor felt?

7. I wonder how Zacchaeus felt when he was right with God and right with people?

8. I wonder what Jesus meant when he said he came to find the lost?



No comments:

Post a Comment