Friday, March 9, 2012

Mar. 10 & 11: God’s House Is A Place To Worship

This Weekend in MC Park, in Sunday School and Elementary Worship, your child will learn the story of Jesus Clearing the Temple.

Jesus Clears Merchants From the Temple

You can review the story in
John 2:13-22. A great memory verse for your family this week is Psalm 95:6 – “Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker.”

Questions for review with your child:

1.    Jesus was trying to protect God’s house.  Why was this important to Jesus?
2.    What can we do to help us remember that God’s house is a place to worship?
3.    How can you make worshipping God a priority in your life?
4.    How can you worship God at home?
5.    How can you worship God at school?
6.    What are other ways we can worship God?
7.    How can we be sure we’re worshipping God with clean hearts?
8.    What is your favorite way to worship God?  Why?
9.    Who can you invite to worship with you at your church?
10. How can worshipping God show others that you love him?

_____

In Kindergarten Worship and Wonder at 11 a.m., this week's lesson:

The Gift of the Poor Widow

Verses for this lesson: Mark 12:41-44

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1.    I wonder how Jesus feels watching the people put their offering into the Temple treasury?
2.    I wonder how the rich people feel putting in so much money?
3.    I wonder how they decided how much money to put in?
4.    I wonder why the widow is poor?
5.    I wonder how the poor widow feels giving all she has?
6.    I wonder how she decided to give all she has to live on?
7.    I wonder how Jesus’ disciples feel when Jesus says, “This poor widow gave more than all the others”?
_____

In Worship and Wonder on Saturday night, 9 a.m. Sunday, and 3s and 4s W&W at 11 a.m. on Sunday, this week’s lesson:

Jesus and Bartimaeus

Verses for this lesson:
Matthew 20:20-34; Mark 10:46-52; Luke 18:35-43

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1.    I wonder how it feels to be blind?
2.    I wonder how it feels to see for the very first time?
3.    I wonder why Jesus would listen to Barimaeus when the others would just tell him to be quiet?
4.    I wonder why Jesus would come near Bartimaeus when others wouldn’t bother with him?
5.    I wonder why the first thing Bartimaeus did after he could see was to follow Jesus on the way?
6.  I wonder how Bartimaeus felt following Jesus on the way to Jerusalem?

No comments:

Post a Comment