Friday, March 30, 2012

Celebrate Jesus

March 31 and April 1


People Rejoice as Jesus Enters Jerusalem

You can review the story in Mark 11:1-11. The Bible memory verse is "Jesus Christ is Lord", Philippians 2:11b


Questions for review with your child:

1. Why does Jesus deserve special treatment from us?

2. How can you celebrate Jesus with others at school? at Friends? at Home?

3. What kind of celebration would you have if Jesus were here right now?

4. Why is it important that we celebrate Jesus?

5. What things remind you to celebrate Jesus?

_____


In Worship and Wonder at 11:00 am on Sunday, the kindergarten class will be studying the following:


Jesus' Trial

Verses for this lesson are Matthew 27:3-5; Mark 15:1-15; Luke 22:66-71

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1. I wonder how Jesus is feeling while he is on trial?

2. I wonder why the chief priests, the scribes, and the elders do not believe Jesus is the Christ?

3. I wonder why they want him dead?

4. I wonder why they want to kill Jesus just because they do not agree with him?

5. I wonder how they could have settled their differences besides wanting to hurt or kill?

6. I wonder what it is like for Judas to know that Jesus will be killed?

7. I wonder how Judas feels when he confesses to the chief priest and elders that he had sinned?

8. I wonder why the chief priests and elders will not listen to Judas?

 



In Worship and Wonder on Saturday night, 9:00 am Sunday and
3's and 4's W & W at 11:00 am on Sunday, we will be studying the following:

Jesus' Last Passover

Verse for this lesson is Matthew 26:26-28

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1. I wonder how it felt to be around this table and to hear Jesus say, "Take. Eat. This is my body broken for you"?

2. I wonder how the disciples felt eating the bread and drinking the wine?

3. I wonder how they felt when Jesus died?

4. I wonder how they felt when they heard God made Jesus alive?

5. I wonder if you have ever been close to a table like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment