Honesty is Important to God
This Weekend in MC Park, in Sunday School and Elementary Worship, your child will learn the story of Jacob’s deception.
Jacob Deceives Esau and Isaac
You can review the story in Genesis 25:27-34; 27:1-40. A great memory verse for your family this week is Proverbs 12:22 – “The Lord detests lying lips, but He delights in men who are truthful.”
Questions for review with your child:
1. When is it tempting to stretch the truth to a family member or friend?
2. What are ways parents can teach children the importance of honesty?
3. If those involved in this story had been honest, how might this account have ended differently?
4. Is dishonesty ever okay in a family?
5. What essential family elements does dishonesty destroy?
6. Why does God detest lies?
7. What can you do this week to promote truthfulness in your family?