Friday, April 27, 2012

April 28 and 29 Children's Sunday School and Worship and Wonder

God Will Help You Be Strong and Courageous

Peter Tells the Sanhedrin About Jesus

You can review the story in Acts 4:5-14; The Bible memory verse is "Be strong and courageous...for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go" Joshua 1:9


Questions for review with your child:

1. Have you ever tried to do something on your own without God's help? What happened?

2. Why do you think God helps us?

3. How can you be strong and courageous this week at school?

4. How can you help others be strong and courageous for God?

5. How does it make you feel to know that God will help you wherever you go?

6. Do you think everyone needs God's help?

_____


In Worship and Wonder at 11:00 am on Sunday, the kindergarten class will be studying the following:


Jesus Commissions the Disciples

Verses for this lesson are Mark 28: 16-20, Mark 16: 15-18

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1. I wonder why some believe this person is Jesus and others doubt?

2. I wonder how the ones who believe know that this is Jesus?

3. I wonder how they feel as Jesus commissions them and sends them out to show the way of the kingdom of God?

4. I wonder what each one will do to show the way of the kingdom of God?

5. I wonder what they will tell about Jesus?

6. I wonder who they think Jesus really is?

7. I wonder if they will always follow Jesus even if they can't see him?

8. I wonder how they feel when they hear Jesus say, "And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age"?

 

In Worship and Wonder on Saturday night, 9:00 am Sunday and
3's and 4's W & W at 11:00 am on Sunday, we will be studying the following:

The Good Shepherd and the Lord's Supper

Verse for this lesson is Psalm 24, John 10, Matthew 18

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1. I wonder if these sheep have names?

2. I wonder if the sheep are happy to be at this great feast?

3. I wonder if you have ever been close to this table?

4. I wonder if you have ever felt the Good Shepherd there with you?

5. I wonder if you have ever heard the very words of the Good Shepherd?

6. I wonder how many sheep can come to this table?

7. I wonder where they come from?

8. I wonder where this whole place might really be?

No comments:

Post a Comment