Friday, April 6, 2012

Apr. 7 & 8: Jesus Is Alive

This Weekend in MC Park, in Sunday School and Elementary Worship, your child will learn the story of Jesus’ Resurrection.

Jesus Is Alive!

You can review the story in
Mark 16:1-8. A great memory verse for your family this week is John 11:25 (adapted) – “People who believe in Jesus will live forever”

Questions for review with your child:

1.    Why do you think Jesus didn’t stay in the grave?
2.    What does this mean for people who believe in Jesus?
3.    What do you think the women in the Bible thought when they saw the empty tomb?
4.    What things can remind us that Jesus is alive?
5.    What do you think it was like for the people who realized Jesus was alive on that first Easter?
6.    How can you tell that Jesus is alive?
7.    How can you show Jesus that you’re thankful he’s alive?
8.    What might change in your life if you believe that Jesus is alive?
9.    How can showing honor and love to Jesus let others know you believe Jesus is alive?
10. How can you celebrate Jesus being alive when the sun rises tomorrow morning?

_____

In Kindergarten Worship and Wonder at 11 a.m., this week's lesson:

Jesus Dies and God Makes Him Alive Again

Verses for this lesson: Mark 15

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1.    I wonder how Joseph of Arimathea feels placing Jesus in his tomb?
2.    I wonder how Mary Magdalene feels seeing her best friend die?
3.    I wonder how Mary, the mother of James and Joses, feels?
4.    I wonder how Jesus’ mother feels?
5.    I wonder how Salome feels?
6.    I wonder how the people feel when darkness covers the whole earth?
7.    I wonder how the people feel when they hear the guard say, “This really is the Christ”?
_____

In Worship and Wonder on Saturday night, 9 a.m. Sunday, and 3s and 4s W&W at 11 a.m. on Sunday, this week’s lesson:

Jesus Is Risen:  Appearance to Mary Magdalene

Verses for this lesson:
Matthew 27:57-28:10; John 20:1-18

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1.    I wonder what it was like to be going to Jesus’ tomb that Sunday morning?
2.    I wonder how Mary felt when Jesus died?
3.    I wonder what it feels like when someone or something you love dies?
4.    I wonder how Mary felt when Jesus’ body was not in the tomb?
5.    I wonder what it was like to hear, “Jesus is alive.  Jesus is risen.”?
6.    I wonder how Mary knew this person was Jesus?
7.    I wonder how Mary felt when Jesus called her by name?
8.    I wonder what it felt like to tell others that Jesus is risen?
9.  I wonder how we can know that Jesus is alive?

No comments:

Post a Comment