Friday, April 20, 2012

Apr. 21 & 22: Everyone Is Important to God

This Weekend in MC Park, in Sunday School and Elementary Worship, your child will learn about gifts.

Paul Teaches About Spiritual Gifts

You can review the story in
1 Corinthians 12:4-27. A great memory verse for your family this week is Ephesians 2:10 – “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do”

Questions for review with your child:

1.    What happens if one of us thinks we’re not important and refuses to get involved in the lives of others?
2.    How can you use the abilities God has given you to help someone else feel important?
3.    How do you feel knowing that you are God’s workmanship?
4.    What are other good works you think God wants you to do?
5.    Why do we need to let others know that they’re important to God?
6.    Why do you think everyone is important to God?
7.    What’s unique about you?
8.    If everyone is important to God, how should we treat others?
9.    How do you feel knowing that in God’s eyes no one is more important than any other person?
10. Who is someone who makes you feel important?

_____

In Kindergarten Worship and Wonder at 11 a.m., this week's lesson:

Jesus Appears to Thomas

Verses for this lesson: John 20:19-29

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1.    I wonder why Thomas doesn’t believe the disciples when they say, “Jesus is alive”?
2.    I wonder how the disciples feel when Thomas will not believe them?
3.    I wonder how Thomas feels seeing Jesus alive?
4.    I wonder why Thomas calls Jesus “My Lord and my God”?
5.    I wonder how people who have not seen Jesus believe that God raised Jesus from the dead?
6.    I wonder how the disciples feel as Jesus breathes on them and says, “Receive the Holy Spirit”?
7.    I wonder how they feel when they receive the Holy Spirit?
8.    I wonder how the disciples feel when Jesus says: “As God has sent me into the world, so I send you to do what I have said and done”?
9.    I wonder what Mary Magdalene will do as Jesus sends her?
10. I wonder what Peter will do?
11. I wonder what the other disciples will do?
_____

In Worship and Wonder on Saturday night, 9 a.m. Sunday, and 3s and 4s W&W at 11 a.m. on Sunday, this week’s lesson:

The Great Banquet

Verses for this lesson:
Luke 14:15-24

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1.    I wonder how it felt to be invited to this great feast?
2.    I wonder if these people have names?
3.    I wonder why these people came and the others wouldn’t?
4.    I wonder how the master feels about the guests?
5.    I wonder how the guests feel about the master?
6.    I wonder how many could really be at this table?
7.    I wonder if you have ever been near a table like this?
8.    I wonder where this table might really be?

No comments:

Post a Comment