Friday, February 17, 2012

February 18 & 19 -Friends Bring Friends to Jesus

This week in Elementary worship and Sunday School, your child will learn the following:

Four Friends Help a Paralyzed Man

You can review the story in Mark 2:1-12. A great memory verse for your family this week is 1 John 1:9a - "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins"


Questions for review with your child:

1. Why is bringing a friend to Jesus so important?

2. Do you think Jesus wants to know our friends? Why or why not?

3. How do you think it makes Jesus feel when we bring our friends to him?

4. What other messages can we use to bring friends to Jesus?

5. Why do you think it is hard for some people to confess their sins to Jesus?

6. Why do you think Jesus wants us to bring our friends to him?


_____


In Worship and Wonder at 11:00 am on Sunday, the kindergarten class will be studying the following:


Jesus Makes Lazarus Alive Again

Verse for this lesson is John 11

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1. I wonder how Mary feels when her brother is so sick?

2. I wonder how Martha feels?

3. I wonder how Martha and Mary feel as they watch Lazarus die?

4. I wonder what they might be saying to each other as they prepare Lazarus's body to be placed in the tomb?


5. I wonder how they feel that Jesus didn't come before Lazarus died?

6. I wonder how they feel when they see Jesus?

7. I wonder how they feel when Lazarus is alive again?

8. I wonder why Jesus loves Lazarus, Martha and Mary?

9. I wonder why Martha, Mary and Lazarus love Jesus?

10. I wonder how Martha knows Jesus is the Christ?

11. I wonder who Mary thinks Jesus is?

12. I wonder who Lazarus thinks Jesus is?

13. I wonder why some of the people love Jesus and follow him?

14. I wonder why some of them will not follow Jesus?

In Worship and Wonder on Saturday night, 9:00 am Sunday and 3's and 4's W & W at 11:00 am on Sunday, we will be studying the following:

The Good Samaritan

Verses for this lesson are Luke 10:25-37

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1. I wonder if the person who was left by the side of the road half dead has a name?

2. I wonder where the road was really going?

3. I wonder who was a neighbor to the robber?

4. I wonder who was a neighbor to the priest?

5. I wonder who was a neighbor to the Levite?

6. I wonder who was a neighbor to the Samaritan?

7. I wonder how a Samaritan could be a neighbor?

No comments:

Post a Comment