Friday, February 10, 2012

Feb. 11 & 12: Jesus Cares When We’re Afraid

This Weekend in MC Park, in Sunday School and Elementary Worship, your child will learn about Jesus calming a storm.

Jesus Calms a Storm

You can review the story in Mark 4:35-41. A great memory verse for your family this week is 1 Peter 5:7 — “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you”

Questions for review with your child:

1.    How does the story of Jesus calming the storm help you understand that Jesus cares when we’re afraid?
2.    What other times does Jesus show he cares for us?
3.    Why is it important that we ask Jesus for his help when we’re afraid?
4.    How do you stay calm when you’re feeling nervous, afraid, or uncertain about what’s happening?
5.    When has Jesus calmed your fears?
6.    How can it be comforting to know that the wind has to obey Jesus?
7.    What are things that may you feel afraid?
8.    Who are two people who care for you when you’re afraid?
9.    How does it make you feel to know that Jesus is with you when you are afraid?
10. When you’re feeling afraid, what can you do to help you remember that Jesus cares about your feelings?

_____

In Kindergarten Worship and Wonder at 11 a.m., this week's lesson:

The Lamp Under a Bowl

Verses for this lesson: Luke 8:16-18

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1.    I wonder if God gives me light?
2.    I wonder what the light is that God gave me?
3.    I wonder what I will do with my light?
4.    I wonder if I would hide my light?

_____

In Worship and Wonder on Saturday night, 9 a.m. Sunday, and 3s and 4s W&W at 11 a.m. on Sunday, this week’s lesson:

The Sower

Verses for this lesson: Matthew 13:3-8; Mark 4:3-8; Luke 8:5-8

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1.    I wonder how the seeds felt that fell on the path?
2.    I wonder how the birds felt?
3.    I wonder if the birds have names?
4.    I wonder what the seed felt about the birds?
5.    I wonder how the seeds felt that fell among the rocks?
6.    I wonder how the sun felt about the little seeds?
7.    I wonder how the seeds felt that fell in the thorns?
8.    I wonder what the thorns felt about the little seeds?
9.    I wonder how the seeds felt that fell in good soil?
10. I wonder how the good soil felt about the little seeds?
11. I wonder how so much grain could come from the little seeds?

No comments:

Post a Comment