Friday, February 24, 2012

Feb. 25 & 26: Tell God What You Need

This Weekend in MC Park, in Sunday School and Elementary Worship, your child will learn the story of Blind Bartimaeus.

Jesus Heals the Blind Man

You can review the story in Mark 10:46-52. A great memory verse for your family this week is Titus 3:5a — “He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy”

Questions for review with your child:

1.    How do you think Bartimaeus felt when Jesus healed him and he suddenly could see?
2.    Is it OK to ask God for things we don’t really need?  Why or why not?
3.    Why do you think God wants us to tell him what we need?
4.    What things would you like God to give you?  Explain.
5.    What things do you need Got do help you with?
6.    How has Gold helped someone you know who needed something?
7.    How has Gold helped you when you’ve asked him for what you need?
8.    We can tell God what we need.  How do we tell God we need to be saved?
9.    What can you do to show God that you need him?  Explain.
10. What can you tell God you need the next time you pray?

_____

In Kindergarten Worship and Wonder at 11 a.m., this week's lesson:

The Parable of the Two Sons

Verses for this lesson: Matthew 21:28-32

Questions to wonder about with your child:
1.    I wonder how the priests and elders are feeling bout Jesus’ parable?
2.    I wonder how the priests and elders feel about the two sons?
3.    I wonder how the father feels about his two sons?
4.    I wonder what it’s like for them to work in this vineyard?
5.    I wonder how the first son feels when his father tells him to work in the vineyard?
6.    I wonder why he said no?
7.    I wonder how the father feels when his son said no?
8.    I wonder how the father feels when his son comes to the vineyard?
9.    I wonder how the son feels working with his father?
10. I wonder how the father feels waiting for his second son to come to the vineyard?
11. I wonder why the son said yes, but didn’t go to the vineyard?
12. I wonder if this son will ever change his mind and go to the vineyard?
13. I wonder how the brothers feel about each other?
14. I wonder how Jesus feels when the priests and elders keep trying to trick him?
15. I wonder why the priests and elders didn’t believe John the Baptist and change the way they live?

_____

In Worship and Wonder on Saturday night, 9 a.m. Sunday, and 3s and 4s W&W at 11 a.m. on Sunday, this week’s lesson:

The Sower

Verses for this lesson: Matthew 13:3-8; Mark 4:3-8; Luke 8:5-8

Questions to wonder about with your child:

 1.     I wonder how the seeds felt that fell on the path?
 2.      I wonder how the birds felt?
 3.      I wonder if the birds have names?
 4.     I wonder what the seed felt about the birds?
 5.        I wonder how the seeds felt that fell among the rocks?
 6.        I wonder how the sun felt about the little seeds?
 7.      I wonder how the seeds felt that fell in the thorns?
 8.       I wonder what the thorns felt about the little seeds?
 9.       I wonder how the seeds felt that fell in good soil?
10.     I wonder how the good soil felt about the little seeds?
11.  I wonder how so much grain could come from the little seeds?

No comments:

Post a Comment