Friday, January 27, 2012

Jan. 28 & 29: Jesus Is Most Powerful

This Weekend in MC Park, in Sunday School and Elementary Worship, your child will learn about Jesus driving out an impure spirit.

Jesus Demonstrates His Authority

You can review the story in Mark 1:21-28. A great memory verse for your family this week is adapted from Romans 8:38-39 — “For I am convinced that nothing can separate us from the love of God”

Questions for review with your child:

1.    What are some ways we can tell others about Jesus’ power?
2.    How is God’s power different from human power?
3.    Why do you think Jesus is most powerful?
4.    Have you ever been in a situation in which you thought you were strong enough to do something and then realized you weren’t?  What happened?
5.    When should we rely on the power of Jesus instead of our own strength?
6.    What strengths has God given you?
7.    Who else do you know who is powerful?
8.    How does that person’s power compare to Jesus’ power?
9.    How can Jesus’ power help you?
10. How can you show Jesus that you want him to have the power in your life?

_____

In Kindergarten Worship and Wonder at 11 a.m., this week's lesson:

Who Is the Greatest

Verses for this lesson: Mark 9:33-37

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1.    I wonder how the disciples are feeling as they argue over who is the greatest of them all?
2.    I wonder how Jesus feels when he hears them arguing?
3.    I wonder why they would not answer Jesus when he asks them what they were arguing about?
4.    I wonder what they think it is like to be the greatest?
5.    I wonder how they feel when Jesus says that the one who wants to be greatest must be last of all?
6.    I wonder how they feel when Jesus says that the greatest must be a servant of all?
7.    I wonder how the child feels in Jesus’ arms?
8.    I wonder how the child feels when Jesus says, “Whoever welcomes a child welcomes me and God who sent me?”
9.    I wonder how the disciples feel about what Jesus said?
10. I wonder how the disciples feel about this child?
11. I wonder how welcoming a child is welcoming Jesus?
12. I wonder how this child feels about welcoming other children?
13. I wonder how welcoming Jesus is welcoming God?

_____

In Worship and Wonder on Saturday night, 9 a.m. Sunday, and 3s and 4s W&W at 11 a.m. on Sunday, this week’s lesson:

The Leaven

Verses for this lesson: Matthew 13:33

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1.    I wonder if the loaf has a name?
2.    I wonder if you could turn the loaf back into yeast and flour?
3.  I wonder what the yeast could symbolize?

No comments:

Post a Comment