John Baptizes Jesus
You can review the story in Mark 1:4-11. A great memory verse for your family this week is John 3:16 - "God loves us so much he sent his Son, Jesus..."
Questions for review with your child:
1. Do you think you could give something you love very much to someone else?
2. Who can you tell this message to this week?
3. Was there ever a time you gave something away that you didn't want to?
4. Why is it important that we tell others about Jesus?
5. Why do you think that some people have a hard time believing in Jesus?
6. What can you do to show others Jesus' love?
7. What other things has God given you?
In Worship and Wonder now through Jan. 15, every class (preschoolers on Sat. night, 3s-2nd graders at 9 a.m. Sunday; 3s, 4s and Ks at 11 a.m. Sunday) will be studying the same lesson. This week's lesson:
Jesus is Baptized
Verses for this lesson: Matthew 3, Mark 1:1-11, Luke 3:1-22
Questions to wonder about with your child:
1. I wonder how the people felt when John told them to change the way they live
and get ready for the special Son of God?
2. I wonder if it was hard for them to change the way they lived?
3. I wonder how they felt when they went through the waters and went under the water
to be baptized?
4. I wonder how they felt when they came out of the water?
5. I wonder if it was hard to wait for the special Son of God?
6. I wonder if they felt ready to be close to the special Son of God?
7. I wonder how you get ready to be close to the special Son of God?