Friday, January 20, 2012

January 21 and 22 - Come follow Jesus

Disciples Follow Jesus

You can review the story in Mark 1:14-20. A great memory verse for your family this week is Mark 1:17 - "'Come, follow me', Jesus said, and I will make you fishers of men'."


Questions for review with your child:

1. How can you guide others to know Jesus?

2. Do you think it was easy for the men in our Bible story to leave their work and follow Jesus?

3. How can you encourage others to follow Jesus this week?

4. Are there times you find it hard to follow Jesus?

5. How can you be encouraged to continue following him?

6. What are some ways you could follow Jesus in your own life?

7. Who do you follow at home or at school?

 

_____


In Worship and Wonder the kindergarten class will be studying the following:


Jesus Heals a Boy

Verses for this lesson: Matthew 17:14-21; Mark 9:14-29; Luke 9:37-42

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1. I wonder what it was like for this boy to have a spirit that threw him around and tried to kill him?

2. I wonder how the father feels when his son looks dead?

3. I wonder how the father feels as Jesus lifts the boy up and he can stand?

4. I wonder how the boy feels about Jesus?

5. I wonder if the boy and Jesus talked with each other and what they might have said?

6. I wonder who the boy thinks Jesus is?

7. I wonder what the disciples are wondering when they see the boy is alive and standing?

8. I wonder how Jesus' disciples feel about what happened?

9. I wonder how Jesus' disciples are feeling as they follow Jesus to Jerusalem?

10. I wonder what the disciples might be talking about?

In Worship and Wonder for 3's and 4's we will be studying the following:

The Mustard Seed

Verses for this lesson are Matthew 13:31-32

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1. I wonder what the Kingdom of Heaven is like?

2. I wonder how I can understand more about the Kingdom of Heaven?

3. I wonder who I follow to get to the Kingdom of Heaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment