God Wants Us to Hope in Him
This Weekend in MC Park, in Sunday School and Elementary Worship, your child will learn the story of bricks without straw.
The Israelites Receive Cruel Treatment
You can review the story in Exodus 5:1 – 6:1. A great memory verse for your family this week is Isaiah 40:31 – “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
Questions for review with your child:
1. What was stressful in this story?
2. When is it difficult to relax in a stressful situation?
3. When have you asked God to provide a way out of a difficult situation?
4. What reason would the people have had to hope in God?
5. Have you ever been in a situation where you felt like you had lost hope?
6. Read Matthew 10:37-39, how does this passage relate to the Hebrews’ situation?
7. How does the passage relate to you?