This Weekend in MC Park, in Sunday School (4s through 5th) and Elementary Worship, your child will learn how God Dwells With Us.
God Dwells With Us
You can review the story in John 1:1-14. A great memory verse for your family this week is John 1:14a "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us"
Questions for review with your child:
1. How can we show others that Jesus is the light of our lives?
2. How can we show Jesus that he is our very best friend?
3. How can Jesus help us see God?
4. What could you do to see Jesus more clearly in your life?
5. How can you show his love more clearly to others?
6. How can we make our friendship with Jesus grow more each day?
7. Jesus wants to know us all! How can we show him that we want to know him too?
8. Through Jesus, we can know God. In what ways does God know you?
_____The 3s Sunday School (10:00):
Happy Birthday Jesus! Verses for this lesson: Luke 2:1-7
1. Where did Mary and Joseph travel?
2. What did Mary ride to get there?
3. Where did they stay?
4. What did they use for Jesus' bed?
Craft: Happy Birthday Jesus coloring page; Make a Nativity Scene to take home
The 3rd Grade Sunday School (10:00):
God Dwells With Us Verses for this lesson: John 1:14
1. What do you think is special about Jesus?
2. What does Jesus mean to you?
We continue to make our ornaments for the annual "Light up the Third Grade Christmas Tree" ceremony that will take place on December 18. This week we will make Nativity Ornaments.
_____In Worship and Wonder now through Jan. 15, every class (preschoolers on Sat. night, 3s-2nd graders at 9 a.m. Sunday; 3s, 4s and Ks at 11 a.m. Sunday) will be studying the same lesson. This week's lesson is the fourth in the Advent series ...
The Magi Show the Way to Bethlehem
Verses for this lesson: Matt 1-2 and Luke 1-2
Questions to wonder about with your child:
1. I wonder how the Magi felt when they saw the special star for the King?
2. I wonder how they knew the star was special and others just saw a star?
3. I wonder if it was hard for them to find the special King?
4. I wonder why the Magi brought gifts?
5. I wonder what it's like to be a baby and a king?
6. I wonder what kind of king God's special one will be, and if you would like to live under this special king's rule?