Faithful People Thank God for Jesus
You can review the story in Luke 2:22-40. A great memory verse for your family this week is Psalm 100:4 - "Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name"
Questions for review with your child:
1. What are some things you thank God for each day?
2. What can you do to remember to thank God every day?
3. What can you tell a friend about why you thank God for Jesus?
4. What are the first three "thanks" you'll put in your tank?
5. Why do we thank God for Jesus?
6. Why did God send Jesus?
_____In Worship and Wonder now through Jan. 15, every class (preschoolers on Sat. night, 3s-2nd graders at 9 a.m. Sunday; 3s, 4s and Ks at 11 a.m. Sunday) will be studying the same lesson. This week's lesson:
The Boy Jesus in the Temple
Verses for this lesson: Luke 2:41-52
Questions to wonder about with your child:
1. I wonder how Jesus felt when he was finally old enough to go to the Temple all by himself?
2. I wonder how Mary and Joseph felt when they couldn't find Jesus?
3. I wonder why Jesus was surprised when his parents didn't know where he was?
4. I wonder what Jesus really meant when he called this his Father's house?