Friday, May 4, 2012

May 5 & 6: Children’s Sunday School and Wonder and Worship

It’s Cool to Tell Others About God

This Weekend in MC Park, in Sunday School and Elementary Worship, your child will learn the story of Philip and the Ethiopians.
 
Philip Tells the Ethiopian About Jesus

You can review the story in
Acts 8:26-40. A great memory verse for your family this week is Proverbs 3:5a – “Trust in the Lord with all your heart”

Questions for review with your child:

1.    Why is it important to tell others about God?
2.    What is it like not to know what other people know?
3.    What are good things you like to share with others?
4.    Who was the first person to tell you about God?
5.    When has someone told you about something cool?
6.    Why is God’s message too cool to keep to ourselves?
7.    What are some ways we can help others know about God’s love?
8.    What’s one thing you wish everyone could know about God?
9.    How can you be sure others hear this cool message?
10. Do you sometimes find it hard to tell others about God?

_____

In Kindergarten Worship and Wonder at 11 a.m., this week's lesson:

Jesus Appears to the Disciples by the Sea

Verses for this lesson: John 21:1-13

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1.    I wonder how the disciples feel when Jesus doesn’t seem to be around anymore?
2.    I wonder why they decide to go fishing?
3.    I wonder what they are talking about while they are fishing?
4.    I wonder how they feel fishing all night and catching nothing?
5.    I wonder how the person on the beach knows where the fish are?
6.    I wonder how the disciples know the person on the beach is Jesus?
7.    I wonder what Jesus and the disciples are saying to each other?
8.    I wonder what they will do now that they have talked with Jesus again?
_____

In Worship and Wonder on Saturday night, 9 a.m. Sunday, and 3s and 4s W&W at 11 a.m. on Sunday, this week’s lesson:

The Good Shepherd and The Lord’s Supper (II)

Verses for this lesson:
1 Corinthians 11:23-26

Questions to wonder about with your child:

1.    I wonder if these people have names?
2.    I wonder if the people are happy to be at this great feast?
3.    I wonder where this place might really be?
4.    I wonder if you have ever been close to this table?
5.    I wonder if you have ever felt the Good Shepherd there with you?
6.    I wonder if you have ever heard the very words of the Good Shepherd?
7.    I wonder how many people can come to this table?
8.    I wonder where they come from?
9.  I wonder where this whole place might really be?

No comments:

Post a Comment